|Ease of Training|
- He originated in the county of Sussex, England in the 18th century
- He was used to flush and retrieve birds during the hunt
Personality and Behavior
- He's friendly, happy, and biddable
- He's calm and unhurried
- He loves being around his human family
- He gets along very well with children
- He gets along well with other dogs
- He drools and slobbers everywhere
- He likes to wander off after smells that interest him
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).