|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Sweden
- It's believed he dates back 1000 years to the Swedish Vikings
- He was used for centuries to herd sheep and cattle
Personality and Behavior
- He's very powerful for his size
- He's utterly fearless
- He's got bags of energy and very active
- He's intelligent
- He may try and herd people or animals due to his natural herding instinct
- He likes to clown around and show off
- He's wary of strangers
- He's protective of his home and family and thinks of himself as a guard dog
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).