|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Germany
- He was used to hunt birds, rabbits, bears, foxes, deer, and boar
Personality and Behavior
- He's athletic, fast and has lots of stamina
- He can handle a lot of exercise
- He can be very boisterous and needs plenty of exercise and mental stimulation to keep him happy
- He's friendly, reliable, and well-behaved
- He's very protective of his home and family and can be very defensive
- He's very good with children
- His prey-drive is strong and he will chase just about anything that runs away from him
- He likes to lean on you when he's standing or sitting next to you
- He'll follow you around everywhere you go and he doesn't like being left alone
- He's very easy to train. He learns commands very quickly.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Weimaraner