|Ease of Training|
- He originated in the city of Yorkshire, England
- He was used as a rat catcher in the 19th century
- He became a fashionable pet of rich European families
Personality and Behavior
- He's brave, loyal, feisty, bold and inquisitive
- He's energetic; constantly moving around the home to investigate anything that grabs his attention
- He doesn't like to be left home alone; he thrives on your attention, love and companionship
- He shows his affection by cuddling and snuggling with you
- He can be very aggressive with other dogs and he can't back it up so you need to watch him
- He's one of the best watchdogs: quick to announce the presence of a stranger on his property
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Trim his long coat every 6 weeks and then brush it daily to keep it mat and tangle free.
Submit a photo of your Yorkshire Terrier