|Ease of Training|
- He originated in the Western Isles of Scotland
- He was used as a ratter to keep the rat and mice populations down on farms
Personality and Behavior
- He's highly alert and will bark at the presence of a stranger making him one of the best watchdogs
- He loves to dig holes
- He has a strong prey-drive and will chase anything that flees from him including the cat
- He's great with children
- He can be scrappy around other dogs
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Strip his medium-length coat (pluck out the dead hairs) every 6 months and brush it occasionally.