|Ease of Training|
- He was developed in Germany
- He originated in Wurttemberg and Bavaria and was used as a helper on farms
- The Great Dane was used to develop him into the size he is today
- He has been used as a police and war dog
Personality and Behavior
- He's very intelligent
- He's very protective of his home and owners
- He's a large and powerful dog
- He can be aggressive with other male dogs
- He needs plenty of space to romp and run around outside
- He's a very healthy breed and lives a long life
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Strip his medium-length coat (pluck out the dead hairs) every 6 months and brush it occasionally.
- Miniature Schnauzer, Standard Schnauzer, Giant Schnauzer