|Ease of Training
- He originated in Scotland
- He was bred to catch and kill rats and mice in farms
Personality and Behavior
- He's feisty and territorial
- He has endless determination
- He can be very stubborn
- He's very loving with his family
- He usually attaches himself to one or two people on the family
- He likes to dig holes
- He makes an excellent watchdog who will raise the alarm if a stranger enters his home
- He's fearless and can be aggressive with other dogs
- He has a high prey-drive and will chase smaller pets
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Strip his medium-length coat (pluck out the dead hairs) every 6 months and brush it occasionally.