Chihuahua (Long coat)
|Ease of Training|
- He comes from a dog that existed in Mexico in the 9th century AD
- His name comes from the Mexican state "Chihuahua"
Personality and Behavior
- He's completely devoted to you and craves your love and attention
- He usually becomes very attached to one person in the family and can become jealous if that persons gives their attention to someone else
- He'll follow you from room-to-room like a shadow
- He loves to burrow deep into blanks and take a nap (watch you don't squash him when you sit down!)
- He's utterly ferocious! He barks up a storm at anything that rubs him the wrong way
- He's self-important and confident
- His "clannish" nature means he prefers to have companions of the same breed
- He's one of the best watchdogs! He's highly alert and barks ferociously at the presence of stranger on his territory
- He will do fine with gentle and respectful children, but when frightened he has a tendency to bite
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
- Chihuahua (Smooth coat)