Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
|Ease of Training|
- Dogs similar to him have been known for centuries
- He was a luxury item owned by aristocrats and those who could afford to feed him
- He was developed into the dog we know today in the 1920s
Personality and Behavior
- He's gentle and affectionate
- He's very friendly with everyone
- He loves to cuddle, sit on your lap, and keep close to you
- He craves attention and being petted!
- He gets along well with children
- He's friendly with other dogs
- He likes to live with other dogs and bonds closely to them, and he also gets along well with other pets
- He likes to chase things so you need to watch that he doesn't run out onto a busy road in pursuit of a critter
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat needs to be brushed two or three times a week to keep it free of mats and tangles.